When you hear people boasting of Nigeria and Biafra war, ask them who fought the war? The civil war that lasted for three years ended without a winner.
Some countries helped Nigeria to fight Biafra, which means the war was between Biafra and several countries. Below is the list of countries that helped Nigeria fight against Biafra and how they helped them according to Usain Reyes;
- Russia: Supplied 2 fighter jets and 3 armored tanks
- Burma (Myanmar): 2000 veteran soldiers and guns
- Slovakia (Czech): Two 129 Delfin fighter jets
- Poland: 1 Krakow warship
- USSR: 15 MIG bombers
- Norwegian: 2000 cases of ammunition
- Germany: 1 Navy ship containing about 300 tonnes of 60mm and 90mm ammunition, ten 6mm recoilless rifles and 2 high explosive anti-tank warhead, 2 bombers, 8 marks at $105000 each and 15 saber MK jets at $100000
- Ghana: A navy boat (sakumo lagoon) containing 1000 bullets cases
- UK: 1 cargo plane carrying 1000 automatic Fabrique Nationale rifles
- Niger and Chad: Over 9000 Foot soldiers known as the Sweepers.
On the Biafra side, countries that helped them and what they helped them with;
- Haiti: Clothes and Food, which the Nigerian government seized.
- Gabon: Food which the Nigeria Government seized.
NB: No country in the world helped Biafra with any form of ammunition. 98% of the weapons they used were locally made.
They seized a Nigerian jet fighter and constructed two extra once to replicate it. They invented the armored tanks, grenades, B26 bombers, short and long-range missiles were all constructed locally by Biafra intellects.
Biafra is the first country to make a flame thrower locally and use it. Military cars that use palm oil as fuel, offshore switch, mine bombs, but to mention a few.
The famous Ogbunigwe (the only non-nuclear weapon ever in existence that generates 0.6 magnitudes of earth tremor without any nuclear fission.
And many more.
When all the above-listed countries joined to fight a small group of people, is it not genocide?