There is a way you can spend this break/holiday that will improve your health, mood, and also boost your brain function. If you want to get the absolute best benefit out of this holiday break, here is what you need to do:
(1) Get Plenty Of Sleep: Sleep is essential to our work and health, and most of us don’t get enough of it. Studies prove that vacations improve our well being if we make sure we get all the sleep we need during our time off.
(2) Try Out A New Skill: There is plenty of evidence that learning something new, such as a language or musical instrument, it has powerful brain-boosting power. It will also help you stretch your mind in new ways that will create a new connection in your brain. By taking yourself out of your usual mental patterns, you will go back to your work/school refreshed.
(3) Do Something Memorable: Plan to do something out of the ordinary that you will genuinely enjoy, even if it’s just for one day or even half a day, of the break. You will reap the benefits for a long time to come.
(4) Enjoy Yourself: All of this advice is useless if it leads you to do something you don’t want to do. The most important way to create happiness and well being during and after this break is to make sure you spend at least some of your time off doing things that you genuinely enjoy.
(5) Watch A Movie: Try to while away time by watching movies. Find the time and make it happen.
(6) Cook Something Different: Try to cook something that you have not tasted before. Go make that meal now, and your taste buds will thank you.
(7) Do Something Useful: So this one isn’t so fun, but it makes sense. Take an afternoon to scrub out your kitchen cupboards, take care of your surroundings, and defrost your freezer.