Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu is the father of the late Biafra warlord, late chief Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu.
This is Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu, the first-ever recorded Nigerian Billionaire. He was considered the wealthiest person in Nigeria and Africa at that time.
His net worth calculated to be Over to 4 billion dollars as of the 1950s.
He is the founder of Ojukwu Transport, Ojukwu stores, and Ojukwu Textiles.
MORE OF HIS ACHIEVEMENTS
Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu became the first and founding President of the Nigerian Stock exchange Market.
Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu served as the Chairman of the board of many profitable companies in Nigeria, like shell oil company, Guinness Nigeria limited.
His professional career started with the agricultural department, before leaving to join John Holt where he became the Tyre sales clerk.
He diversified into the textile and transport sector, exhibiting the entrepreneurial spirit of the South East.
The first Nigerian Billionaire man to own a Mercedes Benz was Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu.
Starting as a low-level employee to a billionaire shows that hard work, focus, and determination pay off.
His rolls Royce was used to carry the queen of England on her first visit to Nigeria. He was the only African man that owns a limousine.
The record of his worth was not able to be calculated, and he was into real estate, he owns up to 70% of landed properties in Lagos.
1)The first President of the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
2) President, African Continental Bank
3) Chairman, Nigerian cement company (NIGERCEM).
4) CEO, Ojukwu Transport company.
5) Chairman, Nigerian National Shipping Line.
6) Chairman, Lion Of Africa Insurance Company.
7) Chairman, BISCO Nigeria Limited.
8) Chairman, Nigerian Industrial Development Bank.
9) Vice President, Lagos Chamber Of Commerce.
10) Chairman, Palmline Shipping company.
11) Chairman, Nigerian Produce Marketing Board.
12) Chairman, Eastern Nigerian Development Corporation.
13) Chairman, Costain West Africa.
14) Director, Shell D’Arcy Petroleum.
15) Director, Thomas Wyatt & Sons.
16) Director, Nigerian Coal Corporation.
17) Director, Guinness Nigeria Limited.
18) Director, Nigerian Tobacco Company.
19) Director, Daily Times of Nigeria