WhatsApp is an App you can use to share fascinating things like video, pictures, audios, and even call friends and families as long as they use WhatsApp.
WhatsApp also allows you to create groups that can contain 250 phone participants.
But most people abuse the group by posting memes and funny things that might not suit the entire participant.
Someone might add you to a group, and you start thinking of how to exit the group, but you don’t want it to look offensive, or as being rude to exit the group they added you.
Here are two methods to exit without raising dust or letting anyone know you left.
Method 1: Change your WhatsApp number
- Go to your WhatsApp settings, click on the account option and click change your number
- Allow the group discussion to go on for a while so that the notification that your number was changed will go away.
- Then leave the group; it will show the changed number that left the group and not your number.
Method 2: Turn off the notification alert
Simply mute the notification of the group to stop getting messages from them and the quiet exit.
For android users, here are a few ways to leave
- Go to settings
- Tap on WhatsApp at the bottom
- Click on the notifications
- Turn off “Group notifications” under the alert section.
For iOS users
- Go to WhatsApp
- Tap settings
- Click on the notifications icon
- Turn off the “show notification” under the group notification option.
Though this methods work, if it’s too stressful for you, you can just leave the group and wait for whatever they might say.