Mourners at Mohammad’s send-off looked on in fear as they realized their loved one, that was declared deceased by doctors – was still very much alive.
The 20-year-old was rushed back to the hospital and placed on a ventilator.
But the story of the narrow escape has shocked the country, raised questions about its healthcare system and prompted the launch of an investigation.
However, it was reportedly claimed that Mr Mohammad– who has been unconscious since an accident on 21 June – was declared dead on Monday after his family told an unnamed private hospital caring for him that they had run out of money to pay his bills.
Mr Muhammad’s body was sent home in an ambulance the same day with doctors saying he had died.
The older brother to Mohammad said the family had been left traumatized by the roller coaster of emotions.
The older brother said: “Devastated, we were preparing for the burial when some of us saw movement in his limbs. We immediately took Mohammed to the Ram hospital where the doctors said he was alive and have put him on ventilator support.
“We had paid Sh 800,000 to the private hospital earlier, and when we told them that we had run out of money, they had declared Mohammed dead.”
The chief medical officer said: “We have taken cognizance of the incident and the matter will be thoroughly probed.”
He added: “The patient is in critical condition but not brain dead. He has a pulse, blood pressure and his reflexes are working. He has been put on ventilator support.”
The incident happened in India, and it has left several people wondering if the hospital is legit or it is after money.
Please don’t forget to “Allow the notification” so you will be the first to get our gist when we publish it.
Drop your comment in the section below, and don’t forget to share this post.