Indeed Nigeria a blessed country as anything they endeavor in must be successful. Churches in Nigeria have grown tremendously especially in population and finances.
In this article, I will be sharing with you the top 5 most populated and current richest churches in Nigeria.
1. Roman Catholic Church: This church is one of the oldest orthodox churches in the world and remains the richest church in Nigeria, and also in the world. The Roman Catholic Church is headed by the pope, and it has its headquarters somewhere in Rome, Italy.
The net worth of the Roman Catholic Church amounts to over 155 billion USD. This is just a suggested figure from reporters. It is said that they have approximately 23. 5 million baptized members here in Nigeria.
2. The Redeemed Christian Church Of God (RCCG): the second on the list is the RCCG as the second. This church has grown tremendously over the years and has got many people over its increase in Nigeria and spread across other foreign countries.
RCCG is the most populated Pentecostal church in Nigeria, having the highest number of members of about 4 million persons. The general overseer of the RCCG Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye, who is popularly known as Daddy G. O, is a prominent man of God and is highly respected; he is also one of the richest pastors in the world.
3. Anglican Church (diocese): They currently have about 12 million baptized members and 2 million ordinary members. The Anglican Church is the first church that came into Nigeria. During the colonial rule, the British first brought Christianity to Nigeria.
4. Winners chapel aka living faith church: This church is said to be the second richest Pentecostal church in Nigeria. The founder Bishop David Oyedepo is currently worth over 152 million USD which makes him the richest pastor in the world.
5. Brother Hood of the cross and star: The BCS happens to be the 5th on the list. Despite their differences in worship and doctrine, they still happened to have possessed a lot of riches which is worth over billions of Naira.
Please don’t forget to “Allow the notification” so you will be the first to get our gist when we publish it.
Drop your comment in the section below, and don’t forget to share this post.