JUST IN: Abuja-Kaduna train service resumption suspended

Train attack: Nigerian Railway Corporation reveals number of missing passengers

News
Spread the love

The Nigerian Railway Corporation says it is yet to lay out contact with 163 passengers and seven crew members who boarded the AK9 Abuja-Kaduna train that was terrorist attacked on March 28, 2022.

Fidet Okhiria, the NRC’s Managing Director, in the 6th update from the corporation, concerning the attack on the train, disclosed that 191 travelers had been affirmed safe and were in their different homes with their families.

He guaranteed that work was continuous to get the rail line back to operations.

As indicated by him, “46 phone numbers on the manifest are still either switched off or not reachable since Tuesday morning. 33 phone numbers on the manifest are ringing but still no response from the other end.”

He further disclosed 62 telephone numbers on the manifest when called answered non-existent, while 22 people are accounted for missing by their family members, with eight people affirmed dead.

The NRC’s Managing Director expressed that on the crew members in the train, there were an aggregate of 20 train crew on board, stressing that seven (are) NRC staff, five are alright and two are missing.

He added that of the 10 janitors, six are OK, three missing and one dead, adding that of the three onboard caterers, one is OK and two are missing.

Okhiria further explained that SP 00020, one of the coaches was re-railed back to Rigasa station securely.

This, as indicated by him brings the all out number of recuperated coaches and securely moved to the NRC stations to eight.

He said that the escalated track repair works progressed forward to enable the recovery of the remaining coaches and locomotives.

Source Link

Please don’t forget to “Allow the notification” so you will be the first to get our gist when we publish it

Drop your comment in the section below, and don’t forget to share this post.

Leave a Reply