The presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi, has responded to the statement made by his Vice Presidential candidate, Datti Baba-Ahmed, about the Lekki toll gate shooting during the EndSARS protest.
Recall that Baba-Ahmed, while highlighting in a interview on the Channels television program, Politics Today, last week, claimed the utilization of the word ‘massacre’ for the Lekki shooting during the October 2020 #EndSARS protest is debatable.
The declaration pulled in negative remarks from certain Nigerians, particularly the young people, who believes his explanation was a denial that killings occurred at the Lekki toll gate.
Notwithstanding, Obi, while handling questions on the Arise Tv Morning Show program on Monday morning, said he was hearing Datti’s explanation about the Lekki shooting for the first time.
He expressed that so many countless things were done wrongly previously and required to have been apologized for.
“I did not even listen to that; maybe I will go back and listen to everything. I must tell you, I did not listen to it; I am just hearing it for the first time. For me, there are things we need to probably open up tomorrow and look into.
“I have always said, in my reconciliation, we must go back to certain things and be able to apologise to people because things were done wrongly. There are so many things that we need to apologise for in this country”, he said.
Please don’t forget to “Allow the notification” so you will be the first to get our gist when we publish it.
Drop your comment in the section below, and don’t forget to share the post.