The nomination of Dr. Olayemi Cardoso as the new Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) was endorsed by President Bola Ahmed Tinubu on Friday.
The nominations of four new CBN deputy governors—Mr. Philip Ikeazor, Dr. Bala M. Bello, Mrs. Emem Nnana Usoro, and Muhammad Sani Abdullahi Dattijo—were also approved by the president.
Prior to their confirmation by the Nigerian Senate, the nominations are for a term of five (5) years at the outset.
5 important tidbits regarding the new CBN CEO are examined by Tribune online:
- Mr. Cardoso is a banker, chartered stockbroker, and public policy advisor from Nigeria.
- From July 2010 through July 2022, the incoming CBN governor served as Citibank Nigeria’s chairman of the board. With a 308.3% increase in total assets, a 235.6% increase in total revenue, and a notable increase of 231.2% in shareholders’ equity during this time, the Bank saw substantial expansion.
- He was the first Commissioner of the Ministry of Economic Planning and Budget in Lagos State during the tenure of Bola Ahmed Tinubu as governor.
- Cardoso earned a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in managerial and administrative studies from Aston University. He also has a master’s degree in public administration from the Harvard Kennedy School.
- Additionally, he has an honorary Doctor of Business Administration degree from Aston University.
Please don’t forget to “Allow the notification” so you will be the first to get our gist when we publish it.
Drop your comment in the section below, and don’t forget to share the post.